Our Top Third “Gold Standard” Program was designed by Mark Gold and remains the firm’s benchmark for managing risk. Long-only options avoid margin calls and allow the farmer to lock in a floor, while still keeping the upside open. It is a marketing plan that seeks to protect the farmer while still allowing them to focus on what they do best – run their operation.
Top Third Gold Standard is for you if you:
- If you are new to options trading
- Want to avoid margin calls
- Prefer to follow the marketing suggestions of Mark Gold & Top Third exclusively
How it Works
Based on market conditions, the Top Third “Gold Standard” Program follows the guidelines below.
- Make Cash Sales
- Re-own calls to replace cash sales
- Roll up puts to lock in higher floor while remaining cash crop profits
- Look to protect next year’s crops
- Roll calls or puts on short-term rallies or breaks to maximize protection and option value
- Use short-dated options to capitalize on short-term moves or market events
- Roll profitable puts positions down
- Profits earned on rolled puts are positive cash in your account to offset lower cash grain values
- Re-own “sold” physical grain with calls to re-capture upside moves
Our Gold Standard program has defined parameters that guide how we’ll work with you to manage your trading positions.
- Market Timing – We always try to adjust positions near market tops and bottoms
- Beneficial Risk/Reward – We aim to initiate option positions at predetermined risk/reward ratios
- Capture Value – Puts are rolled down when the market gives us an opportunity to take substantial risk off the table
- Upside Opportunity – Keep the upside open by re-owning through calls after cash sales